Useful Travel Tips
- It is advisable to have your luggage "bubble-wrapped" before checking in
- Do not put any valuables in your check-in luggage
- Remember that only 100ml liquid containers may be taken on board for international flights
- Make two copies of all your important documents like passports and credit cards. Take one with you, in a different bag to the original, and leave one at home with a responsible, easily reachable person
- Take suntan lotion if travelling to a beach holiday
- Drink plenty of water while flying
- Planes are very noisy. Consider bringing some earplugs with you
- Wear comfortable shoes which can be loosened
- When packing, put items, even entire outfits in large zip lock bags. They keep clothes dry, protected and make it easier if a search is necessary
- Always ensure that your checked in bags are easily identified when on a luggage carousel.
- Always find out what the limits are in terms of size, weight and contents for hand baggage
- Be vigilant - pickpockets gravitate towards busy public areas. Be aware of the people around you, and make sure that all of your possessions are stowed away safely.
- Are your Pre-Existing Conditions covered while abroad? A big gap in travel health insurance is exclusion for pre-existing conditions. However some travel insurance plans to provide full coverage if you have primary coverage. Be sure to do your research before you select a policy.
- If your flight gets cancelled, instead of running with the crowd to the airport counter, call your travel agent to get a new reservation